BOOK, FILM, AND COMICS PEOPLE
Our community is coming together to raise money for charities serving the refugee community, most likely UNICEF or Save the Children (we're still researching). We are organizing an online auction to raise money that can literally save lives and change lives.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO HELP:
Donate goods and services! Email us at email@example.com with the following info:
1. What you are auctioning with a short description.
2. Minimum bid (as well as the normal value if applicable)
3. Any location restrictions for those bidding who may not live close by.
4. A short note about your qualifications.
5. Please use a separate comment for each item.
1. A full novel critique, YA or adult, SFF, mystery or contemporary, maximum of 100,000 words, minimum bid $300. I have been an editor of YA fiction at Bloomsbury for 10 years.
2. A dinner with your and/or your book club (up to 10). Within 100 miles of Salt Lake City, Utah. You pay for the dinner. I bring copies of books for everyone involved, their choice. Minimum bid $100. I am an Edgar-Award winning author of 8 novels.
What kinds of goods and services? Anything you think people would want to buy! Manuscript/query letter critiques, Skype visits, phone calls, original art, book cover designs, logo design, website help, beta reading a manuscript for feedback unique to your experience of a minority group, naming a character or place in next book after the highest bidder, etc. These types of things tend to make more $ than signed books, which are also welcome, but note that anything material you offer you will be responsible for mailing to the winner.
If you have nothing to donate, you can still signal boost once the auction is up and bid, bid, bid! THANK YOU!