- Some people who love the book will love the movie
- Some who hate the book will love the movie
- Some who love the book will hate the movie
- Some who only liked the book will love the movie
- Some who loved the book will only like the movie
- Some will be indifferent to both
- And some will decorate their bedroom with JJ Feild/Ricky Whittle/Bret McKenzie/James Callis posters
I fall in category 1, and I hope most people will! But there's really no way to ever guess how anyone will respond. I can tell you that the crowd reaction to the Sundance screenings was marvelous. Laughter was constant. There were visible meltings at romantic moments and audible "ahh"s too. It's not exactly like the book. I think it helps to prepare yourself for that. Jane's story is a little different, some of the characters aren't quite the same, some scenes don't make it from book to movie but most of your favorites do. Women reported to me that they left the movie feeling swoony and happy. Men (and women too) reported to me that they couldn't remember the last time they'd laughed out loud so much. What will you think? You'll have a chance to find out this summer! As more info on the movie's release emerge, you can be sure I'll post them here.
Jerusha Hess said, "We wanted to make a movie for all you Jane Austen fans, and we wanted to make a movie for all you who think Jane Austen fans are funny."